Dean R. Kropp
Dean has been a Partner at Tapper Cuddy LLP since 1998. He was called to the Manitoba Bar in 1990 and the Ontario Bar in 1994. His primary areas of practice are Child Protection, Family Law and Employment Law. He has extensive experience in Child Protection Prosecutions and represents several Child Protection Agencies. He has provided representation to these Agencies in the Manitoba Provincial Court, Manitoba Court of Queen’s Bench and the Manitoba Court of Appeal. He provides general counsel services and representation for these Agencies at inquests and before administrative tribunals.
Dean practices Family Law in both Manitoba and Ontario. He has extensive experience in complex custody and access matters, including parental alienation and mobility cases. He also assists clients in challenging child and spousal support cases, as well as property-related matters.
Dean acts as counsel for employees and employers in both unionized and non-unionized settings. He has advocated for these individuals before the Manitoba Labour Board, the Human Rights Commission, the Manitoba Court of Queen’s Bench and in arbitrations under collective agreements.
Dean has extensive experience at all levels of courts in Manitoba and Ontario.
- Called to the Manitoba Bar, 1990
- Called to the Ontario Bar, 1994
Areas of Practice
- Bachelor of Laws, Queen's University, 1989
- Partner, Tapper Cuddy LLP, 1998 -
- Associate, Tapper Cuddy LLP, 1990- 1998
- Articling Student, Tapper Cuddy LLP, 1989- 1990
- General Counsel to Child and Family Services Agencies
- Extensive experience in child protection prosecutions for several Child and Family Services Agencies, including providing representations to these agencies in the Manitoba Provincial Court, Manitoba Court of Queen’s Bench and Manitoba Court of Appeal
- Provide general counsel services to Child and Family Services agencies, including providing representation for these agencies at numerous administrative tribunals and boards
- Act as counsel for employers, employees and trade unions at numerous boards of arbitration and administrative tribunals, including those before the Manitoba Labour Board, the Human Rights Commissions and arbitrators appointed under collective agreements
- Extensive experience at all levels of the courts in Manitoba and Ontario, including: civil, family and criminal courts, the Manitoba Court of Appeal, the Ontario Court of Appeal, and numerous administrative tribunals
- Prepared and responded to applications in the Supreme Court of Canada
- Presenter, Manitoba Bar Association 2018 Mid-Winter Conference, Effective Cross-Examination of Experts
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Family Law Section of the Manitoba Bar Association
- Guest Lecturer, University of Manitoba Law School, Civil Procedure
- Guest Lecturer, University of Manitoba Law School, Advanced Family Program, Child Protection
- Advocacy Course Judge, University of Manitoba Law School
- Co-Presenter, Law Society of Manitoba, Legal Studies Department, Negotiation Training
- Co-Presenter, Law Society of Manitoba, Legal Studies Department, Child Protection Proceedings
- Instructor, Bar Admissions (CPLED) Program
- Involved in the musical theatre co-productions of the Manitoba Bar Association and the Manitoba Theatre Centre
- Involved in Winnipeg minor hockey, including coaching and a proud hockey dad
- Member, Manitoba Métis Federation