Chris has extensive experience in several areas of Civil Litigation, and is an accomplished litigation counsel in Manitoba in areas of Medical Malpractice, Employment Law, Human Rights, Privacy Law, and Defamation.
Chris has particular experience and interest in representing families in cases involving severe and complex injuries to infants and children, including cases involving birth trauma and other personal injuries. He is a founding member of the Birth Injury Lawyers Alliance of Canada, a national group of lawyers working to promote the effective representation of children and families affected by avoidable injuries occurring at or around the time of birth.
Chris has litigated cases at all levels of Court in Manitoba, the Federal Court, and other tribunals and Inquiries. He has also acted as counsel in dispute resolution hearings, including at mediations and arbitrations.
Chris is active in his local community serving as the Chairperson for the Board of Directors of Ten Ten Sinclair Housing Inc., and is a Board member of the Children’s Rehabilitation Foundation.
- Called to the Manitoba Bar, 1997.
Areas of Practice
- Juris Doctor (J.D.), University of Manitoba, 1996
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Manitoba, 1991-1992
- Associate, Tapper Cuddy LLP, 1997 -
- Experience in civil litigation including the areas of tort litigation, medical malpractice, employment, human rights, privacy law, defamation and media law
- Acted as litigation counsel in court proceedings, trials, appeals, inquiries, arbitrations and tribunals
- Appearances in all levels of Superior Court including trial courts in Manitoba and other provinces, the Manitoba Court of Appeal, Federal Court, Manitoba Labour Board, Canadian Industrial Labour Relations Board, Provincial Court and other tribunals and Inquiries
- Counsel in dispute resolution hearings including mediations and arbitrations
Professional Activities and Community Affiliations
- Member, Birth Injury Lawyers Alliance(BILA)
- Member, Western Canadian Medical Malpractice Association
- Chairperson of the Board of Directors, Ten Ten Sinclair Housing Inc., which promotes accessible housing and support services for persons living with disabilities in Winnipeg.
- Board Member, Children’s Rehabilitation Foundation
- Presented and authored papers on issues concerning medical malpractice, expert evidence, media and privacy law
- Moot court trial and appeal judge, Advocacy program, University of Manitoba Law School
Find me at